Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reconstructive

913) Which of the following statements about maxillofacial fractures is FALSE?

A. LeFort I level fracture is more frequently encountered than the LeFort II.
B. LeFort II level fracture is more frequently encountered than the leFort III.
C. LeFort III is the least frequently encountered of the LeFort fractures.
D. All LeFort fractures may involve the Pterygoid Plates.
E. LeFort fractures are more commonly associated with intracranial injuries than ophthalmologic injuries.




REFERENCES & ANSWER



Doerr T. D., Mathog R.H.: Le Fort Fractures (Maxillary Fractures), Chapter 71 in Facial and Reconstructive Surgery, (Papel I.D. editor), Second Edition, 2009, pp. 991-1000

Haug R. H., Greenberg A. M.: Etiology, Distribution and Classification of Fractures, Chapter 2 in Craniomaxillofacial Fractures, Principles of Internal Fixation Using the AO/ASIF Technique, (Greenberg A.M., editor), 1993, pp. 5-19

Haug R. H., Likavec M.J.: Etiology, Evaluation of the Craniomaxillofacial Trauma Patient, Chapter 3 in Craniomaxillofacial Fractures, Principles of Internal Fixation Using the AO/ASIF Technique, (Greenberg A.M., editor), 1993, pp. 21-40



913) A           LeFort I level fracture is more frequently encountered than the LeFort II.

No comments:

Post a Comment